Our Learning Tree
At the start of term, we worked in small groups to discuss our new topic 'This is Me'.
We all contributed to our class learning tree which displays our ideas for what we would like to learn and do as part of this topic.
Our ideas included:
Literacy, Languages and Communication
- Learn different languages from within our classroom
- Study biographies and autobiographies
- Learn BSL
Maths and Numeracy
- Graph work
- Measuring how tall we are at the start and end of the year
- Adding up our class combined age, combined height, etc.
- Recording data about ourselves – height, weight, heart rate, etc.
- Times tables class competitions
Science and Technology
- Fitness tests to improve our health and fitness levels
- Measure heart rate
- Internet Safety
- Creating our own computer games
- Study different religions from within our classroom
- Visit local church and places of worship
- Study our local area and history of where we live
Health and Wellbeing
- Regular check ins
- Class exercise to improve health and fitness levels
- Try new sports to improve our self esteem
- Whole class artwork
- Self portraits
- Opportunities to act, dance and perform
- Poetry about our feelings
- Writing songs about ourselves and our experiences