Cooperation is when two or more people work together so that they are all better off.
For cooperation to work, everyone has to be an active member of the team and do what they agree to do.
People who are working as a team and cooperating with each other:
- listen to each other without interrupting
- encourage everyone to join in
- are willing to hear and accept the ideas of others
- are willing to change roles in the group, eg. may be a leader sometimes and a follower at other times
- recognise the skills and strengths of others
- don't compete with each other
- discuss problems calmly
- show respect for each other
- take responsibility for their part of the task
- are willing to work towards the success of the group rather than their own individual success
- have good communication skills.