An Introduction to the Criw Cymraeg
Who are we? Pwy ydym ni?
We are the Criw Cymraeg of Terrace Road Primary.
There are 14 members of the Criw Cymraeg from the Years 3 to 6 classes. We chose to be in this pupil voice group in September. You will be able to spot us around the school as each member has a lanyard and this helps us to promote Welsh around our school.
Our aim is to improve the amount of Welsh used throughout our school and to increase the amount of Welsh displayed throughout the school!
What do we do? Beth ydym ni’n wneud?
- We meet on a weekly basis during assembly or break time
- We decide on a ‘Patrwm Yr Wythnos’ (pattern of the week) for each week
- We put forward our own ideas and talk about the agendas for improving Welsh
- We have an active role in encouraging all pupils and staff in using everyday Welsh and promoting our welsh culture
- We are working towards achieving the Bronze Award in the Siarter Iaith Cymraeg Campus. To achieve this award, there are lots of targets that we must meet to show that Burlais is promoting the Welsh language and culture throughout the school.
- We are hoping to achieve this award this year.