Transport directly affects our school and pupils: not just in terms of the length of the school run, but also in terms of road safety, pupil health and fitness. Pupils, staff and organisations work together to raise awareness of transport issues to make a real difference to pupils’ everyday lives.
The Eco-Schools objectives in this area are to:
- work with local authority, local transport officers, transport groups and police to put into place a safer routes to schools plan - We have a week of action every year
- implement an effective road safety awareness programme for pupils- We participate in Kerbcraft
- raise awareness about the impact of transport on the environment and people’s health- Our outright campaign tested pollution levels during road safety week
- raise awareness of adequate public transport provision and usage - We hold regular competitions to promote safe and Eco friendly transport use
- provide adequate and safe facilities for pupils and staff walking and cycling to school